Temporary Veneers /Crowns / Bridges
Following your first appointment, a temporary is usually placed to protect your tooth, while a custom restoration is made.Your final restoration will be shaped and shaded better than the temporary to match your teeth, in both color and function.
● Do not chew anything hard or sticky on the tooth being worked on, as it is only a temporary and can break or fall off. If the temporary comes off, slip it back on and call us for an appointment.
● Do brush and floss as usual. (Do not pull the floss up, instead pull it through, so as not to pull the temporary off).
● If you feel any discomfort, please call our office right away.
● If the temporary falls off, please call us right away to have it replaced.
Veneers/ Crowns / Bridges
● Treat the restoration like you would your natural tooth.
● Do brush and floss the tooth as usual.
● If there is any discomfort or sensitivity to cold or hot, please call our office right away.
● If you experience discomfort biting, or you feel the bite is not correctly balanced, please make an appointment as soon as possible. The tooth needs a simple adjustment.
● Teeth that have had crowns or veneers must be taken cared for thoroughly to prevent gingivitis (gum inflammation), so please spend more time brushing and flossing.
THE BETTER CARE YOU TAKE OF YOUR RESTORATIONS, THE LONGER THEY WILL LAST.